This course is specifically designed for teachers new to the role of RE manager. It will provide comprehensive guidance to enable participants to develop RE effectively in a cross-curricular setting in relation to the new curriculum. It complements the ongoing RE network that takes place in Portsmouth by focusing on the core requirements for the role in more detail, recognising that many have no previous experience of being an RE leader.
This course will cover:
• the legal requirements of RE.
• the role and responsibilities of the RE subject manager.
• the place of development planning within the new primary curriculum.
• effective planning in relation to whole-school curriculum development.
• accessing and organising resources.
supporting colleagues in the teaching of RE
Delegates will be able to:
• Understand the requirements of the Locally Agreed Syllabus for RE, Living Difference III
• Know the role of the RE subject manager and understand how to meet best practice
• Write a Long Term Plan for RE that fits their own school context
• Write Medium Term Plans for RE that meet the RE Cycle of Enquiry
• Gain ideas for exciting, creative RE and
• Support other teachers in planning and teaching their RE
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.