During this course you will have the opportunity to develop your understanding of resilience. With a greater knowledge of the 7 Cs of resiliency you will be better able to enhance the wellbeing of pupils and the class as you extend your use of strategies linked to Growth Mindset, collaborative problem solving and emotion coaching.
Course Tutor: Katherine Mahony
Online course delivered using Microsoft TEAMs over two 1 hour sessions.
A virtual link will be sent prior to the course. Please note this is one of two sessions, the second session is on 05/07/2021. It is compulsory to attend both sessions.
• Using the latest resilience research, explore the tools that can best build up student’s resilience
• The essence of adolescence and wellbeing
• Growth Mindsets and strengths based approaches
• Use of collaborative problem solving and emotion coaching approaches to develop individual support plans
• Share some resilience assessment tools
Have a better understanding of:
• the seven well established pillars of resilience
• why these are important in building a pupil’s resilience
• using collaborative problem solving and emotion coaching approaches to support pupils
• practical strategies to use within the school and classroom
• the use of resilience assessment tools