This course will cover a variety of strategies that can be embedded into a mainstream primary classroom to support a pupil/s with autism.
Beginning with establishing routines and adapting the learning environment providing a safe and secure place for pupil/s to learn. Managing transitions will be the next stage of the course, offering detail around visual support and scheduling. Communication is key to all of these strategies being successful, therefore a whole session will focus on understanding all forms of expressive and receptive communication. The ‘Bubbles Ethos’ will underpin all of these sessions and be considered in depth throughout.
The course instructor is Beth Arnold
Online course delivered using Microsoft TEAMs over three 1.5 hours sessions
A virtual link will be sent prior to the course. Please note this is one of three sessions, the second session on 27th April 2021 and the third session on 11th May 2021
• To clearly explain autism and strategies to support pupils in a main stream classroom
• To provide opportunities for sharing ideas and asking questions.
• To deliver a cohesive set of training sessions focusing on specific areas
• To gain knowledge and understanding of autism and how to adapt your classroom practice.
• To develop strategies for individual pupils in you class
• To gain confidence in supporting and those working with pupils with autism
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
Please note: It is compulsory for Delegates to attend all three sessions, 23rd March, 27th April and 11th May 2021