Exploring ways to best support Roma-heritage pupils and their families in Portsmouth schools.
For the Summer term, training from EMAS continues to be a 'self-guided' offer, with a walk through of reading, reflection and activities to be undertaken independently, followed by a webinar where the key points will be discussed, questions answered and guidance given for individual situations.
The course materials will be sent out to anyone interested.
The webinar is on 26th May 2021.
We will be looking at:
• Roma pupils in Portsmouth - definitions, ethnicity, ascription, attendance, attainment
• Some Roma history and culture, myths and stereotypes, language, current attitudes etc.
• Overcoming barriers to success - what works?
• Resources and support, Portsmouth examples etc.
Delegates will have
• a greater understanding of Roma pupils in the city
• ideas and resources to support pupils in class
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
No charge for schools with a support package from EMAS
£100 for membership-only schools
£50 non-attendance charge without prior notice