A course to support all Early Years teachers and support staff in schools to better understand how to support pupils with EAL
We will be looking at:
• The stages of early language development (first and additional languages)
• The factors influencing rates of progress in English acquisition
• Key principles from the research to inform practice
• The Statutory Framework
• Good for all, good for EAL…
• Characteristics of effective learning
• Planning for your EAL pupils using the 'ZPD'
• Developing language through play
• Talk technique
• Language rich environments
• Working with parents
By the end of this training, you will better understand the development of English as an additional language in the Early Years and how to support your pupils.
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your manager's authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
No charge for schools with a support package from EMAS
£100 for membership-only schools
£50 non-attendance charge without prior notice