A course to support all teachers in schools as they welcome and teach refugees and asylum seekers
We will be looking at:
• Defining terms and the Portsmouth Picture
• What may make it particularly hard for young refugees and asylum seekers to access learning
• Developing a whole school ethos of welcome and support
• What pupil progress may look like for refugees and asylum seekers, including assessment and target setting
• Teaching asylum seekers and refugees - strategies and resources
Teachers will have a clear understanding of the local context and of the additional barriers to learning that refugees and asylum seekers may face. They will also be able to identify what good provision in school looks like for refugees and asylum seekers.
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your manager's authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
No charge for schools with a support package from EMAS
£100 for membership-only schools
£50 non-attendance charge without prior notice