In some areas of your work you may have to deal with really difficult people, perhaps other members of staff or members of the public and you are not sure how to handle the situation you find yourself in, or lack the confidence to try and resolve a situation before it escalates.
Conflict management training will help you to feel more confident when placed in such a situation. Although not every conflict has an easy-to-achieve resolution, most do, it's just that people are more adept at avoiding conflict than seeing what needs to be done to resolve it.
This course aims to support staff who may have to deal with conflict with other people as part of their day to day job role such as
• Dealing with difficult telephone calls
• Dealing with difficult customers
• Delivering unwelcome news
• Caring for people with dementia
• Supporting people with learning disabilities
• Working with children and young adults
• Mental health or substance misuse issues
Learners will be better able to:
• Recognise potential conflict flashpoints and risks in their work
• Identify simple steps to prevent and reduce conflict and risk for all parties
• Develop positive relationships and interactions
• Defuse and resolve emotive situations
• Respond professionally and enhance the quality and reputation of your service