Prevent is part of the UK's counter terrorism strategy. This workshop will help participants to identify the issues and preventative measures from the Government strategy aimed at tackling the radicalisation of individuals, both in the UK and elsewhere (stopping people from becoming a terrorist or supporting terrorists or violent extremists).
This course is open to frontline workers across the public sector or those that engage with vulnerable individuals including.
By the end of the workshop participants will be able to:
• Identify Prevents aims
• Recognise individuals / groups who may be vulnerable to terrorism
• Explain why some people are able to influence and manipulate others to commit crimes
• Recognise when a vulnerable individual may be in need of help
• Describe what help and support is available to vulnerable individuals
• Describe who can provide support to professionals concerned about vulnerable individuals
You can expect:
• An interactive 2 hour workshop facilitated by an experienced Senior Hate Crime Caseworker
• Discussion with Q&A