A course to support all teachers in schools to welcome and teach new arrivals with little or no English.
Target Audience: Teachers and Teaching Assistants working with new arrivals with little or no English
We will be looking at:
• Defining terms and the Portsmouth Picture
• Welcoming a new arrival to the school and classroom
• Pupil progress - what to expect
• Assessment and setting targets
• Teaching the new arrival - strategies and resources
• Referring pupils, working with BLAs and supporting parents
Teachers will have a clear understanding of the pedagogy, teaching strategies and available resources and support when working with new arrivals.
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your manager's authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
No charge for schools with a support package from EMAS
£100 for membership-only schools
£50 non-attendance charge without prior notice