A course to support all teachers in schools to understand the needs of advanced learners, identify the language demands of different lessons and identify appropriate teaching strategies, activities and resources in order to support pupils to acquire spoken and written English
We will be looking at:
• Identifying Needs: who are your advanced learners?
• Factors influencing progress
• Social English (BICS) and Academic English (CALP)
• Identifying language demands
• Strategies to develop language
- Collaborative talking activities
- Listening frames
- Scaffolding/writing frames
- Planning for questioning
Teachers will have a clear understanding of the pedagogy, teaching strategies and available resources and support when working with advanced learners.
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your manager's authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.
No charge for schools with a support package from EMAS
£100 for membership-only schools
£50 non-attendance charge without prior notice