This course is an introduction to Emotion Coaching and it’s practical application in schools
Based on research by American Psychologist John Gottman, Emotion Coaching uses moments of heightened emotion and resulting behaviour to guide and teach the child and young person about more effective responses.
Through empathetic engagement the child's emotional state is verbally acknowledged and validated, promoting a sense of security and feeling 'felt'. This activates changes in the child's neurological system and allows the child to calm down, physiologically and psychologically.
The session will be lead by Katherine Mahony.
• Recent neuroscientific evidence on how best to support children’s self-regulation
• Insights into the stress-response system, attachment and the foundations for positive behaviour and well-being
• Background on Emotion Coaching
• Practical exercises and skill development in Emotion Coaching techniques
• Understanding of what Emotion Coaching is
• How to use Emotion Coaching
• Where and when to use Emotion Coaching
• Understanding of some Emotion Coaching techniques
Please be aware that by making this booking and agreeing to the terms and conditions, you are confirming you have your managers authorisation to attend this training and are aware of the cancellation/non-attendance charges that apply.