This course requires delegates to be enrolled on the ICDL programme before booking on this course and charges may apply. Please email ICDL.ICDL@Portsmouthcc.gov.uk for more information.
ICDL Extra is a recognised qualification at Level 2 and is deemed to be equivalent with GCSE grades A* to C.
ICDL Extra builds on the users basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and improves their understanding of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Learner will complete the following units:
• Word Processing
Develop ability to create word processed documents, entering text, editing and formatting techniques, use graphs, tables and pictures to enhance the professional look of documents, use mail merge.
• Spreadsheet Software
Develop a working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, enter data, create formula, format worksheets, create charts, produce and print quality documents
• Presentation Software
Use PowerPoint as a means of effective communication within the business environment. Produce high quality presentation using a variety of tools and images within PowerPoint.
• Improving Productivity Using IT
Requires the inclusion of content that builds the learner’s ability to work more effectively with IT. This unit looks at using tools to save time and effort when producing word-processed documents, presentations and spreadsheets.
• A trainer facilitated interactive workshop
• 1 year (from registration date) to complete all 4 units equivalent to 80 GLH (Guided learning hours) in total
• 1:2:1 Support and guidance from trainer / facilitator within workshops.
• Practice using course materials and consolidation exercises
• Additional e-learning module available
• Assessment preparation
• Undertake individual unit assessment
• Achieve 4 credits per unit 16 credits to gain qualification
• Unit credits achieved are recognised and transferable through the Qualification and Credit Framework for England
• Review and evaluate course
Knowledge of the Windows environment, mouse control and keyboard skills are essential.
How to Enrol
Please contact the ICDL Centre Manager on (9284) 1965, or email ICDL.ICDL@portsmouthcc.gov.uk
To book ICDL workshop attendance - please book via Portsmouth Learning Gateway.