A 2hr course focusing on the anatomy and physiology of the back and the causes of a compromised posture
The aim of the course is to enable you to recognise when your staff are working in a compromised posture and advise ways of changing how they work to reduce the risk of experiencing back pain.
• Discuss their own experiences of back pain and what may have caused it
• Referring to an observation tool, identify any tasks that may aggravate any pain their staff may experience
• Explore strategies to reduce the risk of staff compromising their posture and exacerbating any back pain they may be vulnerable to.
By the end of the session delegates will have:
• Examined the anatomy and physiology of the spine
• Discussed different types of back pain
• Discussed causes of back pain
• Used an observation tool to identify when work activities are hazardous